Tuesday, September 12, 2017

2017 Library Card! Let's "Build a Better World!"

Once again, I've been tasked with creating another fun-filled library card for the fine folks at the Union County Library (see past cards here)! This time, the simple theme given me was "build a better world," and, with that, off I went! Click each image below to enlarge!

Below five images: I submitted these pencilled rough designs, all hinged on the "build a better world" motif! The trick, as always, was to get the scene to be clear and powerful enough to "broadcast" from a tiny library card!








Below: The "puzzle-piece world" idea won out! Here are the final pencils, worked up from the rough sketch!




Below: The final inked drawing....




Below: The final colors, with text and graphic elements added!




Below: The artwork used for the actual library card and key-fob!




Below: It's me, a proud papa, posing with the newly-minted cards!





No comments:

Post a Comment